Her Choice to Heal Groups<< return to list
If you have had an abortion...maybe you have thought, "The abortion is in the past. Do I really need to be healed?"
Some women seemingly never need to work through any kind of healing process. But, for many, the memory of this event lies hidden within like an infection, weakening and impairing us in ways we may have never realized were related. Do you recognize yourslef in any of the following questions?
- Do you feel reluctant to talk about abortion, or do you feel guilt, anger, or sorrow when discussing your own abortion?
- Do you think of your life in terms of "before" and "after" the abortion?
- Do you have lingering feelings of resentment or anger toward people involved in your abortion decision?
- Do you avoid relationships or become overly dependent in them since the abortion? Are you overly protective of any children you have now?
- Have you begun or increased use of alcohol or drugs since the abortion?
- Have you felt an emptiness or a deep sense of loss, or had periods of depression?
- Do you sometimes have nightmares or flashbacks relating to the abortion?
You may be experiencing Post-Abortion Syndrome and healing can be found by attending a confidential, supportive group. The groups generally meet for eight weeks. We use the book, "Her Choice to Heal" by Sydna Masse along with the companion workbook. Group facilitators have been trained and certified by Ramah International an organization led by Sydna Masse, author of the curriculum.
Please make a confidential call to Sharon at 664-5459 to inquire about being part of this supportive group.<< return to list